Why we get stressed
Negative consequences of stress
- Impacts our judgment-making processes
- Prevents us from making the best decisions and from responding Appropriately, both behaviorally and emotionally
- Modifies our short- and long-term memory
How we perceive stress impacts how we cope
- Eustress (good stress): we have enough resources to counteract stress
- Distress (not-so-good-stress): we lack resources to cope with stress
HOW DO YOU WANT TO DECREASE YOUR STRESS?
- Be gentle with yourself
- Make practical/realistic goals.
WHAT DO YOU VALUE?
- How you spend your time directly corelates to what you value
WHAT CURRENTLY DECREASES YOUR STRESS?
- Are these methods healthy?
- Do it because you enjoy it!
Download this file to practice reducing your stress!
Make a list of your strengths and provide examples of how you have overcome stressful moments